WALLTOPIA CLIMBING & FITNESS OFFERS ARTIFICIAL CLIMBING WALLS WHERE THE RISK OF INJURIES OR TRAUMA IS AT ITS MINIMUM. HOWEVER, CLIMBING IS A DANGEROUS ACTIVITY THAT POSES RISKS INCLUDING THE RISK OF SERIOUS INJURIES (BROKEN BONES, BRUISES, WOUNDS, LIGAMENTS TEARING) AS A RESULT OF SLIPPING, TRIPPING, FALLING, SWINGING ON A ROPE, CONTACT WITH THE FACILITY FEATURES AND GEAR, OBSERVER OR ANOTHER PARTICIPANT IN THE SPORT ACTIVITIES. FOLLOWING THE LISTED INSTRUCTIONS IS HIGHLY IMPORTANT FOR MAINTAINING A SAFE CLIMBING ENVIRONMENT AND KEEPING THOSE RISKS AT A MINIMUM.
CLIMBERS AND ALL OTHER USERS OF THE CLIMBING CENTER SHALL:
• Not use the climbing facilities if a medical person has indicated the climibing activities to not be suitable for them or if they have the least doubt that they are in the right physical and mental condition (e.g. if they have been using specific drugs, intoxicants or alcohol).
• Be aware of and not overestimate their climbing skills, knowledge and experience as this might lead to injuries or trauma. Uncontrolled falls often result in injuries.
• Manage the risk level that their behaviour poses on themselves and others around.
• Consult a staff member every time they don’t know or are in doubt about a given situation. Notify the staff members for any problem or issue connected to the climbing walls, climbing gear or if they notice inappropriate or risky behavior by another visitor or staff member.
• Have respect for the other visitors and do not pose threats and unwanted risks.
• Not disturb or distract other visitors or staff members.
• Not climb or stay in the safety zone located right underneath or next to another climber.
• Not climb when there is another visitor in the safety zone right next to them or under the route they have chosen.
• When climbing on the rope walls, visitors shall tie the rope directly to their harness as per the harness manufacturer’s recommendation with a correct and tight knot. If in the least of doubt, contact a staff member and ask for assistance.
• Stay away from the climbing areas when not climbing or belaying.
• Follow all instructions, including spoken ones by the staff members and all information and alert signs throughout the facility.
TOP ROPE CLIMBING
CLIMBING ON AUTOBELAY DEVICES
Every climber and visitor has the obligation and responsibility to not pose excessive risk for themselves and others. If a visitor is not familiar with the facility or the gear, it is their obligation to ask the staff members of the climbing center for help and assistance.